Home Today's Paper Most Popular Video Gallery Photo Gallery
Subscription Blog Signin Register
Logo
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 04:03:01 PM
Follow Us On: Facebook Twitter Twitter Twitter Twitter

Trump no longer safe in WH: Ex-Secret Service agent

By
19th-Mar-2017       Readers ( 146 )   0 Comments
Comments
Share your thought
Post a comment »
Read all (0) »

FoxNews.com :
The president is no longer safe on the White House grounds, according to former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino, who once guarded presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama.
Bongino made the stunning assessment in an interview Friday with Fox News. It followed an incident last Friday night when a man jumped the White House fence and may have roamed the property for as long as 15 minutes   before he was stopped by the Secret Service.
Jonathan Tran, who carried two cans of mace, set off multiple alarms, Bongino said, and was even spotted by Secret Service officers, but was still able to come within "close proximity" of the White House and even reportedly "jiggled the door" to the executive mansion.
"The intruder set off multiple alarms, alarms that clearly showed someone breached the property, and he was seen by officers who didn't think anything of it. This is a big story," Bongino told Fox News.
"That just shows the president is not safe there - in the White House. The Secret Service does not have the assets, they don't have personnel on the ground they need to keep him safe."
Should a group of terrorists decide to storm the White House, the Secret Service would not be able to protect Trump, Bongino predicted. "The Secret Service cannot even keep one person off the grounds - what will they do if 40 terrorists charge the White House?" he asked. "And believe me the terrorists are already thinking about that." According to the Secret Service, Tran was charged with entering a restricted building and carrying a dangerous weapon. Trump, who was on the property, has praised the Secret Service for doing a "fantastic job" and said the suspect was "troubled." But Bongino said the current Secret Service management "sucks."
"The Secret Service is stuck in their ways and don't want to redo and upgrade the White House security plan. President Trump won't be safe there until they do," Bongino said.
House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, also blasted the latest incident and said "this keeps happening." Chaffetz's panel oversees the Secret Service.
He added, "Our information is incomplete at best." In a letter to acting Secret Service Director Bill Callahan, Chaffetz said Tran "may have attempted entry into the building. If true, these allegations raise questions about whether the agency's security protocols are adequate." Chaffetz suggested there may have been alarms that were ignored by the Secret Service. Chaffetz wants a briefing by the end of next week. He also is asking for all video from the White House grounds that night as well as logs from the Joint Operations Center and information about "alarms" at the White House. The episode recalled another in September 2014, when Omar Gonzales penetrated the White House grounds and actually made it inside. Then-Secret Service Director Julia Pierson afterward conceded "mistakes were made." But the Secret Service was found to have publicly lied about how far Gonzales made it into the White House. It cost Pierson her job. They later found the White House alarms had been muted in the Gonzales incident.

0 Comments. Share your thoughts also.
Write a comment
Tariff
Add Rate

News Archive

Inside The New Nation

Sports »

Colin Smith, FIFA`s Competitions Director (right) FIFA Secretary General Fatma Samoura (centre) and Vitaly Mutko, Russia's deputy prime minister in charge of sport, tourism and youth policies, attend a news conference after the Russia 2018 LOC Board meeting with FIFA participation in St.Petersburg, Russia on Tuesday.


.

Editorial »

Insufficient relief brings no hope to haor people


THE government relief operation in flood-hit haors where people have lost Boro crops in the field and livestock to become utterly helpless, seems to be quite inadequate and we believe it must be upward revised. Its relief scheme for 100 days to cover around 3.3 lakh poor families is quite ...

Entertainment »

Shahara not to be seen in movie


Entertainment Report  :Many days there is no news about once popular film actress Shahara. After getting marriage she has been engaged only with maintaining her family. For this reason, she is absent from any film related activity. But Shahara's fans still miss her. Her colleagues also miss her. Shahara also ...

City »

Parbatya Bangalee Chhatra Parishad (Dhaka Mahanagari) formed a human chain in front of the Jatiya Press Club on Tuesday demanding trial of killer(s) of Sadequl.


.

International »

North Korea stages large-scale artillery drill as US submarine docks in South


Reuters, Seoul :North Korea conducted a big live-fire exercise on Tuesday to mark the foundation of its military as a U.S. submarine docked in South Korea in a show of force amid growing concern over the North's nuclear and missile programs.The port call by the USS Michigan came as a ...

Editorial »

Big steps needed to end city water logging


AFTER torrential rain, most parts of metropolis Dhaka, Chittagong and other major cities are suffering from knee-deep water from early this week. Accompanied by story wind and smog city life has become unbearable at places in muddy streets along the dirty footpaths. Under-construction flyovers are blocking movement of traffic in ...

Cricket »

Kohli pain after Bangalore set new low in IPL


AFP, New Delhi :Skipper Virat Kohli said "it really hurts" after Royal Challengers Bangalore slumped to a record low score of 49 against Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League.Chasing a modest 132, the Bangalore batsmen -- including Kohli, Chris Gayle and AB de Villiers -- crashed in just ...

City »

Member of the Executive Council of Dhaka Club Limited Abdus Selim handing over a cheque of Tk 24 lakh to BGMEA President Siddiqur Rahman for the assistance of Rana Plaza victims at a ceremony held in the city on Sunday.


.

Entertainment »

Purnima in three new plays


Entertainment Report :It is little bit late to come Eid but the directors have already started to make Eid telefilms and plays. Three directors are going to make three plays to cast National Film Award winner actress Purnima. These three directors are: Chayanika Chowdhury, Sraboni Ferdous and Rajibul Islam Rajib. ...

International »

Trump`s approval rating hits record low


AP, Washington Post :Six days before marking his first 100 days in office, President Trump has the lowest approval rating of any president in more than 70 years, a pair of polls published Sunday found.According to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll, just 42 percent of Americans approve of Trump's ...

Cricket »

Mustafizur returns home tomorrow


Sports Reporter :'Wonder Boy' Mustafizur Rahman will return home tomorrow from tomorrow. Mustafizur Rahman had a sorrow start in Indian Premier League (IPL) 2017. The 'Cutter Master' played for Sunrisers Hyderabad against Mumbai Indians in Mumbai in his first match on April 13. Mustafiz bowled 2.4 overs conceding 34 runs ...

Football »

Neymar ban dispute rages ahead of Clasico


Neymar looks set to travel with the Barcelona squad for Sunday's El Clasico against Real Madrid as the Catalans continue to fight his suspension for the potentially title-deciding clash.The Brazilian is in the midst of a three-game suspension for his red card and subsequent sarcastic applause of the officials in ...

Editorial »

Specter of war threatening world peace


North Korea has warned of preemptive strike against the South as the specter of war threatens the Korea peninsula.. Meanwhile, Talibans killed at least 140 Afghan soldiers on Friday in an ambush on the regime's forces in northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif. It is so far the deadliest attack on Afghan ...

Entertainment »

Will never do erotic genre like Hate Story 3 again: Daisy Shah


Actress Daisy Shah played a bold role in the 2015 erotic thriller "Hate Story 3". But she will never get into that genre again as she finds kissing a stranger very awkward.Asked what kind of characters she will never play on screen, she told IANS in an email interaction: "I ...

Entertainment »

I'm still an outsider in Hollywood: Chris Pratt


Chris Pratt is the main lead in two of the biggest Hollywood franchises - Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy - and is one of its highest-earning stars, but the American actor still considers himself an outsider in Hollywood. The actor believes "Hollywood has a tendency to homogenise its ...

 
Items that you save may be read at any time on your computer, iPad, iPhone or Android devices.
 
Are you new to our website? Do you have already an account at our website?
Create An Account Log in here
Email this news to a friend or like someone
Email:
Write a comment to this news