Logo
02nd-Mar-2017

McCullum rejoins Middlesex for T20 Blast

By AFP, London


Former New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum will link up with Middlesex again for this year's T20 Blast, the English county announced on Wednesday.
McCullum, 35, played six games for Middlesex in last season's competition and will be available for nine matches of this year's tournament between July 7 and August 3.
"I am delighted to be re-joining Middlesex for the coming season and am looking forward to helping the club challenge in the NatWest T20 Blast," McCullum said in a statement.
"I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Middlesex last season and it was an easy decision for me to make when the opportunity arose to return to the Home of Cricket."
McCullum made 132 runs at an average of 33 in last season's Blast, with a best score of 87 not out against Kent.
He also played three games in the One-Day Cup, notably making 110 against Glamorgan.
Angus Fraser, Middlesex's managing director of cricket, said: "With Brendon on board and the other exciting players we have, watching Middlesex play T20 cricket in 2017 should be an exciting and enjoyable experience."
Tennis: Roger Federer reveals plan to capture 2017 Wimbledon title to add to Australian Open win
Roger Federer has labeled his most recent win at the 2017 Australian Open a 'team victory' for all the sacrifices they had to make in the last years. The 18-time Grand Slam champion admitted that doubts had crept in after four-and-a-half years without a major title, but was delighted to get back to winning ways in Melbourne earlier this year.
The Swiss ace missed the last six-months with a knee injury and last won a Grand Slam at Wimbledon in 2012. The Australian Open was Federer's first ranking tournament since July last year and he surprised everyone including himself by making it to the summit clash and more so when he beat Rafael Nadal to lift the title.