4 of a family suffer burn injuries in Munshiganj explosion

block

Staff Reporter :
Four members of a family suffered burn injuries after a gas cylinder exploded at a residential building in Munshiganj Sadar upazila on Saturday morning.

Local sources said the incident occurred in Idrakpur area of the upazila around 6:30am.

The injured persons have been identified as Rizvi, his wife Rozina, their son Rayan and mother of Rizvi Shaheda Khatun. Of the injured, Shaheda’s condition is critical.

After the incident, the victims were rushed to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery.

block

The sources said a loud sound was heard from the fifth floor of the building around 6:30am.

Later, a fire broke out on the floor.

Being informed, two firefighting units rushed to the spot and doused the fire.

Abu Yousuf, in-charge of Munshiganj Sadar Fire Service and Civil Defence, confirmed the matter to the media saying that the fire is believed to have been caused by the explosion.