Headline
** Titas seeking foreign aid to install prepaid metres in all households ** A student has his body temperature checked before entering the central library of Dhaka University on Monday amid falling Covid-19 infections in the country. ** 74 lakh cases pending before courts ** Automation of diplomatic bonded warehouse halted ** SSC exams from Nov 14, HSC Dec 2 ** Angry biker sets bike on fire in Dhaka ** Former DU student found dead ** 1,212 new Covid cases, 25 more deaths ** Technical panel to gear up e-commerce sector ** HC orders closure of unauthorized microcredit institutions ** Sheikh Hasina’s 75th birthday today ** German Social Democrats seek allies to form govt ** 15 stranded fishermen rescued ** Pfizer starts large trial for anti-Covid pill ** If VIPs can empty bank's vault then what bank robbers will do? ** Titas for foreign fund to install 1.25m metres ** A large number of pedestrians crossing a busy road in Savar EPZ area ignoring the heavy traffic, while violating rules and risking their lives, instead of using the foot overbridge that is just several feet away. ** 18k river grabbers evicted ** Flat owner gets anticipatory bail over Munia rape, murder ** Fraud case filed against Dhamaka officials ** German polls open to elect new chancellor ** History distortion HC summons Textbook Board Chairman ** Iceland elects Europe’s first female majority parliament ** Covid daily death toll falls further as 21 more die ** Where is the need for Narcotics Department? **

Two power supply men electrocuted

26 September 2014 bdnews24.com


Two employees of Dhaka Electric Supply Company (DESCO) have been electrocuted in Dhaka on Thursday.
DESCO's engineer Md Mizan said that this happened around 12pm at the Uttara's Gausal Azam Avenue when a team of mechanics were repairing cables.
The victims were identified as Assistant Linemen Abu Bakar, 30 and Al Mamun Suman, 28.
The incident left two other DESCO line mechanics injured. One of them has been admitted at the Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) and the other was let off with first aid.
Two power supply men According to Mizan, the electrocution was because the power supply was suddenly turned on by mistake during repairs.
DMCH police outpost's inspector Mozammel Haqu said that the doctors declared the two dead as soon as they were brought in. The other admitted at the DMCH has suffered burn injuries, he said.

Add Rate