Bomb threat at Taj Mahal, tourists evacuated, search underway

04 March 2021
Bomb threat at Taj Mahal, tourists evacuated, search underway


A bomb threat at the Taj Mahal at Agra in India’s Uttar Pradesh triggered panic on Thursday. Upon receiving the threat, the tourists were immediately evacuated from the heritage center.

According to reports, a call was received from an unknown caller who said that “there was a bomb” kept inside the historic monument.

Considering the situation into seriousness, a team of Agra Police and the CISF, which protects the monument, launched an intensive search inside the Taj Mahal.

As a precautionary measure, tourists present inside the historic monument were immediately evacuated and both the entry and exit points were shut down.

According to the police, it was thought at first that the call was coming from Aligarh, later the policemen also said that they got the call from Firozabad

The Taj Mahal was reopened to tourists in September last year after a long six-month closure. The gates of the Taj Mahal have been shut down since March 17 last year to tackle the outbreak of coronavirus infection. However, tourists still have to visit the Taj Mahal in compliance with the restrictions. As per the rules, only 5000 tourists are being allowed to enter every day.

(Source : Online Desk)

Add Rate