Missing Khulna woman handed over to daughter’s custody

26 September 2022

Staff Reporter :
Rahima Begum, who was found in Faridpur 29 days after her disappearance from Khulna, was released on Sunday evening under the custody of her younger daughter Aduri Akhter, the plaintiff of the case filed in connection with her missing.
She was released following a petition filed by the plaintiff of the case, said PBI Inspector Abdul Mannan, the investigating officer of the case.
Khulna Metropolitan Magistrate Court-4 Judge Sarwar Ahmed passed the order of her release in the custody of her daughter Aduri Akhter, said Md Afruzzaman Tutul, lawyer of the plaintiff.
Earlier in the afternoon, Rahima was produced in the court of Metropolitan Magistrate Al Amin and the court recorded her  statement under Section 22, said IO Abdul Mannan.
Earlier, police have found Rahima Begum, inhabitant of Khulna, who had been said to be missing by her family and presumed dead, alive in the Syedpur village under Boalmari upazila of Faridpur after 29 days.
On Saturday night, missing Rahima Begum was rescued alive in the village. She was taken to Daulatpur Police Station in Khulna around 2:30 am," said Khulna Metropolitan Police (KMP) Deputy Commissioner (North) Molla Jahangir Hossain.
Meanwhile, Rahima Begum has been handed over to Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI).
She was handed over to PBI officials at around 10:30 am on Sunday (September 25).
Nazrul Islam, officer-in-charge (OC) of Daulatpur police station, confirmed the news.
Earlier, on August 27, Rahima Begum went to collect water from the tube well of her house in Maheshwarpasha's Uttar Banikpara area of Daulatpur upazila in Khulna around 10:30 pm. Since then she had been missing.
That night, her family members filed a general diary with Daulatpur Police Station being failed to find her at all the possible places. Later, the victim's daughter Adri Akhter filed a case with the police station accusing some people.
On September 14, a court ordered to transfer the case to PBI. The PBI then accepted the documents on September 17, following due process. PBI Inspector Abdul Mannan was given the charge to investigate the case.

Add Rate